Just across the road and down the hill from the school we find our church - St Peter's Weston Favell.
The Rector David Kirby writes:
Someone once asked me "Do you enjoy your job?"
It is a really good feeling to be in the place I am meant to be. I feel it is a privilege when people approach me and ask if the church will share something of their lives, in marriage, in baptising children or in sharing a family's sadness at a funeral. It is a real challenge to help people to make sense of a fast moving and often disorientating world, to give an opportunity to stop and catch breath and reflect on the Christian faith, the faith that tells us about a God who loves each and every one of us.
At the service that began my ministry here in Weston Favell I was welcomed by various members of the community, including Mrs Ramshaw and one of the pupils from WFPS. The relationship between the church and the school is one that we treasure.
We all have hopes and dreams for the future, it is human to look forward and wonder what the years ahead might hold. At St Peter's we are committed to helping children prepare for that future, whatever it might bring. Children were very important to Jesus, he saw in them something very special. We seek to take children seriously by giving them the opportunity to have fun together and to enjoy teaching appropriate for their age.
- Tiny Tots is for Parents (and carers) and Toddlers and meets on a Wednesday afternoon in the Church Hall.
- Seekers is our Sunday School during our Sunday morning services (except on Family Service Sundays).
- Breakfast Club 678 meets twice a month for breakfast on a Sunday morning for children in years 6,7, and 8.
- Our Holiday Club meets on a Tuesday afternoon in the school holidays.
As well as special groups for children we are committed to families (in all shapes and sizes) having fun and exploring the Christian faith together.
- There is a Family service on the second Sunday of the month at 11.15am in Church. We always try to make these interactive, fun and often a little noisy.
- We also have some Family Events during the course of the year.
These are times when families can all come together and enjoy spending time doing,
playing, making, singing, listening and eating!